Since your kids’ summer break has probably been filled with sleeping in and staying up late, getting ready to go back to school might be a little rough.
But our team at AFC Urgent Care Farragut wants to share some tips that may make the transition smoother.
What Do I Need to Do to Get My Kids Ready for School?
Have your family’s healthy habits fallen by the wayside this summer? You are not alone!
That’s why we’re sharing these tips now, so you can start preparing a few weeks before the start of school. Reestablish your school year habits now to be in a better position when the first day of school arrives.
Ways to Prepare to Go Back to School
- Start going to bed earlier and waking up earlier beginning at least two weeks beforehand.
- Start your routine early.
- Make a to-do list that outlines everything that needs to be done.
- Decide on easy breakfast options for the year.
- Plan your commute and/or coordinate carpool or transportation.
- Map out your school day schedule.
Why Is a Morning Routine So Important for Back to School?
One part of that routine outlined above? A good morning routine! A morning routine can help start your child’s day off on the right foot.
Plus, you can feel better knowing that your child has everything he or she needs for the day, including a healthy breakfast. As a result, your child can feel more confident in being prepared for the school day, which can also help in building his or her self-esteem.
Good Breakfast Ideas for Students
- Whole-wheat toast with peanut butter
- Whole-grain cereal with milk
Does your child need a physical before the start of school? Stop by AFC Urgent Care Farragut today!