If you keep finding yourself unable to lose the weight but you have tried lots of diets, you may be asking yourself, “Why?”Also, what is it that these trendy diets have in common that make them ineffective?
Our team at AFC Urgent Care Farragut is here to help answer your questions about diets and how to make them more effective! Read on to learn more.
How Can I Improve My Diet With Other Lifestyle Changes?
One common problem with diets is that they are often not partnered with other lifestyle changes.
While healthy eating is probably the main aspect of losing weight, there are several other factors that can make your diet even more effective.
Effective Practices to Partner With Your Diet
- Exercise more. Being active is a great way to aid your body in weight loss by burning calories and building muscle.
- Get hydrated. Dehydration can make you feel lethargic, weak and can cause brain fog. Drinking enough water can also help you feel fuller and make you feel less hungry.
- Get plenty of sleep. Regular sleep will increase energy levels and help you focus.
How Can I Make My Diet Last?
A key issue with diets is that they are geared to work for a certain period of time. No one goes into a diet thinking they will eat that way forever, so what happens when the diet is finished?
Inevitably you will fall into old eating patterns, leading to weight gain and disappointment. One way to combat this problem is to focus less on trendy diets and instead shift your focus to sustainable lifestyle changes.
Lifestyle Changes to Consider
- Instead of fully ridding your diet of unhealthy foods, try to eat reasonable portions. Take note of serving sizes on packages and stick to it!
- Eat a healthy breakfast. Oftentimes if you start the day off right, it can help you make healthier choices for the rest of the day.
- Choose a certain “cheat day” when you allow yourself to splurge on foods you otherwise wouldn’t.
- Avoid binging. Sometimes it is OK to give in to a small craving to avoid binging later.
- Find other ways of comfort outside of sweets. If food is your go-to pick-me-up, in the long run, it could benefit you to instead try calling a friend, watching a funny TV show or going for a walk.
Our team at AFC Urgent Care Farragut is passionate about keeping you and your family healthy! If you have questions about your well-being, visit us today.